Monday, April 19

God's Purpose at the end of the Journey

Bridgette's speaks for me in her what we hope will be her last update at least for this trip. Thank you for your prayers and concern for the many stranded and for the economic impact of the volcano eruption on developing nations. It touched me when I read the flower growers here in Kenya couldn't export their flowers to Europe. A financial blow this nation can ill afford. Still in Kenya, Connie
Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry

Today marks the 4th day since we have been stranded in Kenya. As many of you know, we were scheduled on the red eye to Amsterdam last Thursday evening...but due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland, we have been grounded. Needless to say, I have been asking God for His purpose in all this? Was it to be here for Charles when his second sister died of AIDS Thursday? The same sister we visited and prayed with a week ago? She leaves behind two double orphaned children...and now we are assisting Charles as he struggles to pay for an expensive burial of yet another loved one taken from him. Somehow, my needs seem so unimportant now. Perhaps God wanted me to truly understand how it feels to struggle like many of the Kenyans I have met and worked with over the past three weeks...unsure of the future and without immediate hope. Yet as discouraged and uncomfortable as I am, at the end of the day, I know that eventually I will be returning home to the "land of milk and honey".
I ask you to pray-for our team's safe return, for renewed strength without my prescription medications, for patience and peace about the uncontrollable situation. But more importantly, continue to pray for Partners for Care and their incredible ministry here, for Nick and Charles and the 34 beautiful children they have taken in to support in the slum, for the hundreds of orphaned, hungry children we have met, and for an end to this monster called HIV/AIDS.
Still here to serve in Kenya, Bridgette
Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry

No comments: