Tuesday, February 16

Ryan's message to the PFC team in Kenya

As you know from my past updates we have opened the what if? Life Changing Center offering cyber services, Christian movies, music lessons and a Christian reading room. This center is in the village near our house and serves a slum where many young girls report "selling" their bodies for a loaf of bread. The PFC team hopes through this Christian center to help lift these young girls out of the poverty and despair they find themselves in. The team is also working through the churches in this area to impact on the disease causing much of this despair - HIV/Aids. The center is beautiful and it is so encouraging to see young people come in and work on writing a resume. The PFC team works out of the center everyday doing outreach in the village. Their goal is to make the center self-supporting. Below is the message Ryan sent them:

To the Partners for Care team in Kenya, I hope all of you guys are doing well!  I just got an email from Connie updating me on the "what if?" cyber progression, and I have to say I am very impressed! You guys brought in almost 80 American dollars this past week.  I cannot tell you how proud I am of all of you.  I know it must take a lot of work everyday to make that cyber successful--and all of you are certainly doing just that!  I look forward to seeing this great ministry grow and expand beyond all of our expectations.Sammy, you are doing a great job leading the team--you are growing into quite the leader.  Sam, I know it has got to be a hard job keeping all the "cyber" stuff working correctly, keeping track of the money, and going to school!  Well done.  George, David, Franco, and Justus:  Connie tells me everyday how well all of you are coming together as a team and working towards one goal.  I know you guys have what it takes to truly make a difference in your community, and your nation. Congratulations on a job well done.  But I believe the best is yet to come.  Keep working hard, keep following God, and I know there will be doors opened that cannot be imagined.  Connie and the rest of the Partners for Care family here continue to do our best in this mission; knowing one day we can all be victorious in the fight for a better future for you, your families, and your nation.  Speaking on the behalf of all of those who love you here in the U.S:  I can say that we want to encourage you and congratulate you in being steadfast to the mission at hand. I can't wait to get back to Kenya, and see all of you guys. With Love and Blessings, Ryan
Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry