Monday, March 29

1st Update from Bridgett

Following is the first update of Bridgette who has travelled with me. I will share with you her journey as she serves with me here in Kenya. Connie

Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry


We have arrived safely... still getting used to" Kenyan time". My days are nights and my nights are day-but it is all good. Unlike the last time I was here, the rain has come and water is more abundant. It is good for the crops, the land...but difficult if you are living out in the elements-in the slum. I go to bed and can't help but think about how hard it must be for those in the slum to try to sleep on a cold, wet mud floor with rain falling onto your face! We all need to sit with" real discomfort" to truly appreciate how blessed we are.
  Today, we are working on setting up the new donated computers (we hand carried them all down on the plane) in the cyber cafe. The Partners for Care guys here are so excited because with these additional computers, more people in the slum will be brought into the what if? changing center  where they may be hearing about Christ for the very first time. My prayer is that they will be touched in such a way that will draw them back again for one of the many programs these  guys are offering.. like music lessons, movie night,etc. All these things to help them feel a sense of belonging.
  I need to tell each of you again how grateful I am to be your feet on the ground here. More to come as tomorrow we travel to the 12 hour bus ride overnight to Mombasa. I will have an exciting surprise to tell you how your support money is being used!

Serving in Kenya,

Bridgette

No comments: