Monday, June 7

1st update - something is different

I have returned to Kenya. Returned to a country, a continent and to people I have grown to love. But this time it is different. I have felt for awhile now that I needed to be under spiritual cover. When you go to the unreached people groups, the enemy isn't happy. The last six months have brought many attacks to Partners for Care. To help us as an organization, Pastor David Karanja said he would send me. So last Sunday Pastor karanja, Christ Harvesters International Church, Marietta, Georgia, commisioned me in front of the congregation to serve under his spiritual authority. I am now sent by Christ Harvester's Church and have the prayer support of the Kenyans who worship at this church. I am also blessed to have the prayer support of Cumberland Community Church in Smyrna, Georgia. I met Pastor Allen and Pastor Rob and 15 of their members when we partnered with them for a what if? event last November when they came to Kenya. I really feel welcome in their church and am learning from Pastor Allen's sermons. One of their church members, Amy, is on this trip with me for three weeks. We are blessed to have her join us! So, things are different. I feel more protected from spiritual attacks. They will come but we will continue to focus on the mission - finding and equipping young Christian leaders as they lead people to Christ. These young Kenyan Partners for Care staff are saving lives for the kingdom.

Blessed to be sent,

Connie
Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a lovely blog. god bless you all for the work you do. i will keep you and the families you serve in my prayers.